Saturday, December 5, 2009

Unemployment

Barak Obama has to decided to take on Unemployment this week. Holding a conference to discuss the employment issue. The key theme to the conference was that the private sector really needs to lead on this issue.

I can't really argue with the idea that the private sector should lead because I believe in a limited government. Though it seems strange coming from Obama who chooses to insert government into private affairs frequently. My immediate reaction when I read Obama's comments was well get out of the way.

Not that it will happen but a lengthy congressional haiatus would be the best medicine for the economy and jobs. Businesses like certainty with pending legislation of the magnitude of Health care reform and Cap&Trade businesses are hunkering down.

So if President Obama wants the private sector to lead all he needs to do is stand up and be a leader. Lead by putting a hold on all new legislation that does not eliminate programs and reduce spending.

1 comment:

  1. My immediate reaction when I read Obama's comments was well get out of the way.


    Me, too. In fact, those were the very words that popped into my head when I heard about the summit.

    ReplyDelete