Sunday, December 13, 2009

Fixing things

When I was young and the muffler was falling off of my car I tied it back up with a coat hanger. As a homeowner I often find myself having to fix things around the house. Weather it is patching holes or re roofing, inside or out I do it myself.

When business comes up with a new product, Plasma T.V.s,or Hybrid cars they are slow to hit the market. The people who are willing to way over pay rush to get the latest and greatest. Often the bugs haven't been worked out and the product is inferior to that which will be produced years later. Businesses also must worry about the cost effectiveness of a product. That is unless it meets some agenda and is subsidized by the government, like Hybrid cars. When you see a hybrid realize that you helped purchase that through your taxes.

So now we're told that the climate needs repaired. I won't argue the point all though I'm not convinced. I will offer a few thoughts though on the on going debate of how to fix the climate.

First off we need to decide what we want to accomplish. What are we trying to change the climate to, what is the optimum temp.
Secondly how do we pay for it, a repair must be paid for. We have all seen in the past year how most individuals and our government manage money. Spending into foreclosure and debt that is growing out of control. We the people need to tell them no to spending on all fronts. The only fiscally responsible approach to climate repair is to wait for a cost effective approach.

In the mean time if people want effect climate change they should do it their selves. Spending other peoples money to fix a problem without a defined goal is unacceptable.

1 comment:

  1. This is related to why I don't buy into the 1% Argument, which is really just a rehash of Pascal's Wager. The cost of the proposed economic/structural changes is so enormous that we need to be damn certain that AGW is a grave threat.

    ReplyDelete