Saturday, June 20, 2009

What do you need

Pew research did a poll asking which of these items is necessary in your life.
car 88%
landline phone 68%
clothes dryer 66%
air conditioner 54%
television set 52%
home computer 50%
cell phone 49%
microwave oven 47%
satellite or cable TV 23%
dishwasher 21%
flat screen TV 8%
Ipod 4%

A few observations on the results if 23% say they can't do without cable or a dish how many of the 48% that say they can do without TV are lying.
Secondly I would like to ask the question the other way around what can you do without. The only thing listed above that I would say I could not do without is my car. Modern society is too spread out to truly be free without a car.

1 comment:

  1. Agree that a car is truly a need instead of a want in today's spread out society. Only exception would be people who live a lot closer to their grocery store. I don't see anything else on the list that is a absolute need for me. Having said that, A/C is an absolute need for maintaining marital harmony.

    ReplyDelete