Monday, June 29, 2009

Fitness/Wii fit

The Wii Fit is a video game that works you on scale like board to help improve your fitness level.

Once it gets cold I tend to back off on the running and lose quite a bit of my level of fitness. As years go by the cumulative affect is pretty bad though not pot bellied my BMI said I was over weight, maybe fifteen pounds.

So what did the Wii fit do for me we got ours at Christmas time and using it daily has shown measurable results. First I noticed in the spring instead of struggling to get back in the swing running 2-3 miles I was ready to go with much less pain and heavy breathing. Secondly my coordination has improved to a point where my balance is much better. Thirdly after thirty some years out of High school I weigh the same as I did way back then.

Now I wouldn't attribute everything to the Wii fit but I believe it made me feel good enough and strong enough to push me to exercise and eat better giving me that initial boost back to better health.

No comments:

Post a Comment