Monday, January 21, 2013

What

Reading the paper Saturday morning I came across an article that made me say What!. In the article Congresswoman Marcia Fudge of Cleveland is railing against GOP congress members.This quote really got me she said "They don't understand it's governments job to take care of the people". Maybe this is the key difference between liberals and conservatives because I sure don't believe I need the government taking care of me. Now there are certain functions the government takes on that are necessary roads,police, the military and such for keeping us free from anarchy.

I sure don't think most people want Mommy and Daddy government that the liberals propose not if they truly think about it.

3 comments:

  1. i can't find that quote online. did this have anything to do with that recent voter fraud issue? i do believe the government should do more than provide physical infrastructure and police/military services.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quote was in the Cleveland Plain Dealer the metro section Sat the 19th. I believe her main gripe was the GOP's desire for limited government.

      Delete
    2. i think she's wrong there. the gop doesn't want limited government. they just want the government interfering in different ways than the democrats do

      Delete