Friday, January 22, 2010

Fitness

Last year I took up the hundred push-up challenge. Two times I attempted the challenge to no avail my joints,shoulders, elbows and wrists didn't cooperate.

Two weeks ago I bought the extreme gym chin-up bar. This is a devise you hook over the door frame to do various exercises. The first day I did five sets of four chin-ups for a total of twenty. Yesterday I did five sets working to exhaustion each time and did a total of 37 chin-ups. I alternate on days between the chin-ups and the next day pull-ups to work different muscle groups. The pull-ups have increased even better than the chin-ups going from 5 to 16.

This device comes from several companies I opted for a generic version and am really happy with it, I bought it at Aldi's for twelve bucks. Real improvement with no pain can't beat that.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this brought back memories! We had something like this when the kids were little. It was great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,

    I bought Jimmy one of those for Christmas. Wish I had heard about the generic one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill you always find something at a reduced price after you've already spent to much.

    An addendum to Murphy's Law, I guess you could call it Bob's Law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work!

    I'd love to have access to a chinning bar. Bodyweight exercises have been quite effective for me. All I do for my chest now is push ups and all I do for my abs is sit ups. The results have been pleasant.

    ReplyDelete