Sunday, July 26, 2009

I didn't know this

Reading the paper this morning The Cleveland Plain Dealer, There was story about the recently passed state budget and one of it's provisions. This provision states that public schools are no longer allowed to use corporal punishment. Now I was under the impression that this was already the case but I guess it was just the case for most individual school districts.

My question is do you think this is a good thing for our schools and our children. I've often thought part of the discipline problem in today's schools is the fact that the swat was forbidden. Children need discipline and while some child rearing experts feel physical punishment is counter productive it's hard to deny the fact that today's youth are less respectful of authority than past generations.

So what really works

No comments:

Post a Comment