Saturday, April 10, 2010

Busy

Not much time to post lately. I've been renovating our kitchen, tore the walls and ceiling down to studs and I'm putting up new drywall. It's moving along the walls are up but a long way still to go.

Recently I finished reading Sarah Palin's Going Rogue. It's slow in some sections but readable. I don't think she is going to change many minds with her book. Love her or hate her people aren't going to shift their positions greatly. One insight I gained is the difficulty of being in the second position on a ballot during an election. Not only do you have to subordinate some of your own will to the lead candidate but also to the campaign staff. It seems like a lot of control to give up when your fate and reputation are on the line.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't read it yet. Lisa got me Palin's book for Christmas and it is still in line waiting to be read.

    We are currently remodeling the bathrooms. Fun, fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack. We spent this whole week spackling and painting and scrubbing and whatnot all through the house, in preparation for showing it to sell...

    I could have imagined better ways to spend my week off, but at least I got to hang out with my wife and listen to loud music.

    Palin's book... yeah, I'll probably skip that. Though I'll admit to some curiosity.

    ReplyDelete